Thursday, August 19, 2010

First Week of School

We have had a great first week of school!

This week we have been finding answers to these essential questions:
-Why must I be fluent in my multiplication tables?
-What information can I learn from reading a map or a globe?
-What can I learn from other cultures?
-How can I become a better reader when I read?

We also started our guided reading groups! We are reading Mr. Poppers Penguins, The Kid in the Red Jacket, Mufaro's Beautiful Daughters, and Al Capone Does My Shirts.

Please remember to sign your child's agenda book every night. This is part of their homework!

We have a wonderful class this year! They are already working hard and learning!

Reminder:
Parent Orientation will be Monday, August 30, 2010 from 6:00-7:00pm. You can come straight to our room. Every parent who comes to orientation will recieve a free ticket to the faculty talent show! We can't wait to see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment